Sunday, January 19, 2014


grate·ful
ˈgrātfəl/
adjective
adjective: grateful
1.
feeling or showing an appreciation of kindness; thankful.
"I'm very grateful to you for all your help"
 
 
Today I was filled with gratitude, and not in a woo woo way, or forced and contrived. In a real honest and scrappy way. I was driving (YAY!) on my way to meet my sister for a beloved activity, and feeling the best I ve felt in over 2 months. I am not great, I am not 100% healed, but MAN I feel better. I feel human, I feel hopeful. I feel GRATEFUL.
I am grateful that I could do what I wanted today, that I had the ability, energy, and the resources to do so. It has not always been this way.
I feel grateful that I was not in Chemo, or in a hospital, or with someone in either of those places. I am grateful that I am getting BETTER not worse, and that recovery is coming, not far off.
I am grateful for HOPE!!! It feels like sun after a grim Northwest winter. So YAY me!
And YAY Seahawks. Truly, I am not much of a football fan, I think its violent, and silly and overrated. BUT people have been so happy here, and HOPEFUL and dang it, its pretty dark here in the winter, we could use a little cheer! SO I ll be a part of this madness, I suppose.. .I am grateful that I can....
 







                                         

No comments: